Wednesday 24 August 2011

Half Way Line

Sometimes, I just pick up colours and go with it. And this was definitely one of those!
I find inspiration in a lot of places, but a lot of the time I just really fancy doing something new and spontaneous. Sooooo, here's what I did - 



Nice!

The colours were all Barry M once again, 307 Lemon Ice Cream, 301 Block Orange, and 291 Cobalt Blue.

- To start, two basecoats
- Next the yellow - 


- It needs three coats to come out this opaque
- I then painted half my nail with the orange - 


- I didn't tape off my nail or anything like that to do this. Partly because I couldn't be bothered, but I also wanted to see how it looked if I did it freehand. Not too bad, I don't think!
- Next, using my dotting tool, I did the blue dots down the line where the colours meet
- Top coat, to finish

I think designs come out better when you just get creative and do whatever you feel like.

Super easy and a fabulous effect!

See you next time...

WN x

2 comments:

  1. you're right, very simple yet it looks so nice!

    http://er-nails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete