Friday 5 August 2011

Laced Up

I thought I would try something a bit different after my recent trip to hobbycraft. (I know, I love it!) I picked up a few bits and bobs, which included some beautiful white lace. And here is what I came up with - 




Definitely a bit different!
I think this look is super pretty, however it's one for an event I feel, as it didn't last very long.... 
Anyway let's get started. This look took quite a while to do but I think that's because I'd never done anything like this before and once I got a bit of a roll on, I got through it quite well!

Colours - Barry M 66 Matt White
             Barry M 273 Raspberry

- Two basecoats to begin
- Once they're dry I taped off my nails where I wanted the colours to meet - 


- Next, two coats of the white.
- Spray of quick dry
- Remove the tape - 


- Then paint the rest of the nail with two coats of the red colour
- More quick dry spray! - 


- You don't have to worry about the line where the colours meet being too neat, as it will just get covered up with the lace.Obviously it wants to be a bit neat though!
- This is the lace I used- 


- I cut sections of the lace to roughly the size of the area of the nail I wanted to cover.
- Next I applied the lace by first painting on a top coat and laying the lace over the top while the varnish was still wet. I did each nail separately beacuase if I did all the top coats and then went onto the lace, the varnish would have dried, and the lace wouldn't stick.
(I hope that makes sense!)- 


- Then to finish, I just trimmed round the lace, using nail scissors, so it fit the shape of my nail and gently pressed it down so it would stick.

The End.

I really like this look. It was a lot of fun to do, and I like experimenting with different materials other than varnish! 

Happy experimenting guys :)

T.T.F.N

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment