Tuesday 6 December 2011

Let It Glitter

I decided that I would actually get round to submitting some nail art to Cutex this time! They're looking for wintery nail art at the mo so here is what I came up with - 




I don't know about you, but it's been snowing a bit up here for the last couple of days, so I thought I'd give snow a go! As I didn't want to just do snow flakes in the conventional sense, I used a glitter instead.


Three Barry M colours for this, 66 Matt White, 180, I'm not sure of the name of this one as it's discontinued (sorry!), buts it's an iridescent icy blue, and 244 Hologram Hexagrams.


- Start off with basecoats
- Then three coats of the white to make it super opaque and smooth
- Next I used two coats of the blue to do the tips
- Finally, I just kept layering the glitter over the white to make the snowy effect. 
- Top coat to seal.


Look out for my design on the Cutex website or Facebook page!
If anyone else is interested in submitting nail art, you can do it here.


WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment