Sunday 15 February 2015

Models Own Colour Chrome swatches!

A little while ago, Models Own had a 50% off everything offer and you all know i treated myself to a couple of new polishes :)

The sale included the brand new Colour Chrome collection, so I had a look and I picked out three shades, but I can tell you now that I'll be going back for more of these beauties!

When applied on their own, the polishes dry to a satin type finish, which is actually beautiful. I've included swatches with and without a top coat to show the difference, however I much prefer the finish without.


The colours I purchased are (L-R) Cerise, Olive and Blue.


All swatches show to coats of colour. First without a top coat and then with.

First up is Cerise, a hot hot pink! 



Without top coat - 



With top coat - 



Next is Olive, a golden olive green - 


Without TC - 



With TC -



And finally, Blue. A bright turquoise - 


Without TC -



With TC (yes I did catch my index finger in between taking these!) - 



Overall, I am really impressed by this collection. I think the formula's are great, all fully opaque in two coats and an amazing metallic finish. I do feel like using a top coat almost highlights the brush stroke marks, that you are bound to get with a metallic polish. I will definitely be wearing these without TC! 

Models Own Colour Chrome collection polishes are £4.99 each, and I purchased mine at Modelsownit.com.

Have a great week everyone!

WN x

P.S Don't forget to enter the W7 Giveaway! You have TWO WEEKS!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment