Tuesday 21 July 2015

Black Heart Accent Sunset Gradient Mani

Happy Tuesday polish people! I hope you're all having a lovely week so far :)

Thankfully, today's mani is slightly more creative than the title of this post! I wanted to do a gradient, as I haven't done one for a while and I do love the effect. the colour combo came to me because I was thinking about being on holiday and drinking Tequila Sunrise! Funny where we find inspiration...
I did want to add a little something extra though, so I went for the negative heart in the end.

Colours I used for the gradient are Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Papaya (orange); Barry M Pink Flamingo (coral); Nicole by OPI All Kendall-ed Up (hot pink). The black is Barry M too.




I am pleased with how this mani turned out. And I am so in love with the combination of colours in the gradient! 

To create the gradient effect, I just use the standard sponging method. And please don't worry if your mani is textured or look a bit gross whilst you're creating the gradient. Once you add your top coat, everything will be fine! To add the heart, I first drew the outline using the Barry M black nail art pen and then simply filled in the outside of the shape with nail polish and a little nail art brush.

Just FYI, I am now (finally) an Instagram!! I know!! You can follow me HERE if you'd like to :-)

Thank you all for reading and I hope you have a fabulous week!

WN x

No comments:

Post a Comment